Same Difference Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Update on my dance project - new development this morning :)

Go down 
+2
Hayley
Barry
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Barry

Barry

Update on my dance project - new development this morning :) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on my dance project - new development this morning :)   Update on my dance project - new development this morning :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 7:05 pm

I've had that idea for quite a while now, about the single. I'd love to have members from Steps and S Club involved, too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.partydanceuk.co.uk
Tulip2uk

PostSubject: Re: Update on my dance project - new development this morning :)   Update on my dance project - new development this morning :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 7:18 pm

wow,Good Luck with the project Barry,Sounds like its all coming together nicely,A Charity single would be lovely as if one was made with the lineup you are thinking of having with SD too I would definately buy a copy.

Katie
Back to top Go down
Barry

Barry

PostSubject: Re: Update on my dance project - new development this morning :)   Update on my dance project - new development this morning :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 7:20 pm

Thanks Katie Very Happy
I just need to think about things really carefully, maybe get my discos out of the way over the next week or so then I can concentrate on the project again.
Back to top Go down
Hayley

PostSubject: Re: Update on my dance project - new development this morning :)   Update on my dance project - new development this morning :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 11:25 pm

A charity song would be great! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Barry

Barry

PostSubject: Re: Update on my dance project - new development this morning :)   Update on my dance project - new development this morning :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 11:28 pm

Yh, I can't recall any charity song about bullying before Smile
Back to top Go down
alexxxh

alexxxh

PostSubject: Re: Update on my dance project - new development this morning :)   Update on my dance project - new development this morning :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Neither can I what a great idea! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://wwww.Bebo.com/Ciara.H417
Barry

Barry

PostSubject: Re: Update on my dance project - new development this morning :)   Update on my dance project - new development this morning :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 11:49 am

Thank you Very Happy

I thought of the idea a few years ago. I have more or less a complete song which I made up, going around in my head waiting to be written properly, it's just that the project isn't (yet) a charity....and also someone may come up with a better song.

I've written quite a few songs since my last year at school and they are all put away in my room, I have to get them out and will post some lyrics here one day soon Smile
Back to top Go down
alexxxh

alexxxh

PostSubject: Re: Update on my dance project - new development this morning :)   Update on my dance project - new development this morning :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 11:44 pm

You go for it! pirat I'll look forward to hearing them.
Back to top Go down
alexxxh

alexxxh

PostSubject: Re: Update on my dance project - new development this morning :)   Update on my dance project - new development this morning :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 11:45 pm

alexxxh wrote:
You go for it! pirat I'll look forward to seeing them.
Back to top Go down
Hayley

PostSubject: Re: Update on my dance project - new development this morning :)   Update on my dance project - new development this morning :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 11:46 pm

Good luck Barry! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Barry

Barry

PostSubject: Re: Update on my dance project - new development this morning :)   Update on my dance project - new development this morning :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:10 am

Thank you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hayley

PostSubject: Re: Update on my dance project - new development this morning :)   Update on my dance project - new development this morning :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 2:36 pm

Barry wrote:
Thank you Very Happy

No problem at all Barry! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Barry

Barry

PostSubject: Re: Update on my dance project - new development this morning :)   Update on my dance project - new development this morning :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 3:28 pm

I wrote these details for when I arrange discos, etc. I'll take copies to the venues to promote the idea for a charity to see what feedback I get:

"This (disco....event..) is part of a national project being developed with the aim of becoming a charity raising awareness through pop music events on the effects of school-bullying.

One of the objectives is the creation of a ‘musical monument’ - pop events dedicated to those whose lives have been severely affected by school-bullying while also helping to raise awareness.

Events will include staged dance showcases with performances of dance routines celebrating the best pop of the 80s, 90s, 00s and 10s all presented by dance school students, together with discos, audience singalongs and more. Plans are being made for the creation of an annual pop festival.

Guest appearances by pop celebrities are also being considered.

Details of the project can be found at www.partydanceuk.co.uk where an online campaign is being developed.

The site is being updated and a new, much more interactive site is being planned for the near future.

The dance music and songs of Same Difference, Katy Perry, Kylie, Steps, S Club, Pixie Lott, Girls Aloud, Lady Gaga, Spice Girls, Justin Bieber, Whigfield, Las Ketchup and so much more……all in one place! Very Happy "

Hopefully this will encourage a good response and I would then be able to judge from there how to proceed.
Back to top Go down
alexxxh

alexxxh

PostSubject: Re: Update on my dance project - new development this morning :)   Update on my dance project - new development this morning :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:59 pm

This all sounds like a super plan! Very Happy I have checked out the fun pop website and it's all looking great so far!
I hope that my dance school will find out something about this plan for casting dancers! Surprised
Back to top Go down
Barry

Barry

PostSubject: Re: Update on my dance project - new development this morning :)   Update on my dance project - new development this morning :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 12:37 am

alexxxh wrote:
This all sounds like a super plan! Very Happy I have checked out the fun pop website and it's all looking great so far!
I hope that my dance school will find out something about this plan for casting dancers! Surprised

Thank you Very Happy
Funpopz is my back-up site I have in case of technical problems with the one at partydance Smile

It would be great to have your dance school involved Very Happy If your dance teacher would like to email me or contact me by phone I would be only to happy for you to pass my email address or phone number to her, I'd pm you with details when you are ready Smile Alternatively I could ring them directly if they are interested.

Does your school have its own venue or do they have to book a venue to hold shows?

Last edited by Barry on Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hayley

PostSubject: Re: Update on my dance project - new development this morning :)   Update on my dance project - new development this morning :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:33 am

Barry wrote:
I wrote these details for when I arrange discos, etc. I'll take copies to the venues to promote the idea for a charity to see what feedback I get:

"This (disco....event..) is part of a national project being developed with the aim of becoming a charity raising awareness through pop music events on the effects of school-bullying.

One of the objectives is the creation of a ‘musical monument’ - pop events dedicated to those whose lives have been severely affected by school-bullying while also helping to raise awareness.

Events will include staged dance showcases with performances of dance routines celebrating the best pop of the 80s, 90s, 00s and 10s all presented by dance school students, together with discos, audience singalongs and more. Plans are being made for the creation of an annual pop festival.

Guest appearances by pop celebrities are also being considered.

Details of the project can be found at www.partydanceuk.co.uk where an online campaign is being developed.

The site is being updated and a new, much more interactive site is being planned for the near future.

The dance music and songs of Same Difference, Katy Perry, Kylie, Steps, S Club, Pixie Lott, Girls Aloud, Lady Gaga, Spice Girls, Justin Bieber, Whigfield, Las Ketchup and so much more……all in one place! Very Happy "

Hopefully this will encourage a good response and I would then be able to judge from there how to proceed.

That's brilliant Barry, loving the list of music! <3 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Barry

Barry

PostSubject: Re: Update on my dance project - new development this morning :)   Update on my dance project - new development this morning :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 11:42 am

Thanks Hayley Very Happy It's based on all the music I was forced to miss out on sharing...

I've been doing more research yesterday and it seems that if my work becomes what is termed a small charity then there is no need to officially register with the Charity Commission so it looks like I can start setting it up right away Very Happy

(A small charity, according to the Charity Commission regulations, is one whose turnover is expected to be less than £5,000 per year).
Back to top Go down
Hayley

PostSubject: Re: Update on my dance project - new development this morning :)   Update on my dance project - new development this morning :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 12:17 pm

Barry wrote:
Thanks Hayley Very Happy It's based on all the music I was forced to miss out on sharing...

I've been doing more research yesterday and it seems that if my work becomes what is termed a small charity then there is no need to officially register with the Charity Commission so it looks like I can start setting it up right away Very Happy

(A small charity, according to the Charity Commission regulations, is one whose turnover is expected to be less than £5,000 per year).

No problem Barry & that's good to hear! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Barry

Barry

PostSubject: Re: Update on my dance project - new development this morning :)   Update on my dance project - new development this morning :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 12:34 pm

I need to form a small committee of trustees of 3 people (one can be myself). I'll look into this next week when people are back from hols...
Back to top Go down
Hayley

PostSubject: Re: Update on my dance project - new development this morning :)   Update on my dance project - new development this morning :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 1:38 pm

Barry wrote:
I need to form a small committee of trustees of 3 people (one can be myself). I'll look into this next week when people are back from hols...

Ok cool, please keep us informed (as always)... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Barry

Barry

PostSubject: Re: Update on my dance project - new development this morning :)   Update on my dance project - new development this morning :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 2:11 pm

Will do Very Happy I'd love to have Sean and Sarah involved in some way....they would be too busy to be part of the running of the charity but maybe they could become patrons. In this way they would be able to support and promote my work Very Happy
Early days though atm.
Back to top Go down
Hayley

PostSubject: Re: Update on my dance project - new development this morning :)   Update on my dance project - new development this morning :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 5:50 pm

Barry wrote:
Will do Very Happy I'd love to have Sean and Sarah involved in some way....they would be too busy to be part of the running of the charity but maybe they could become patrons. In this way they would be able to support and promote my work Very Happy
Early days though atm.

Thanx Barry & that's a great idea! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Barry

Barry

PostSubject: Re: Update on my dance project - new development this morning :)   Update on my dance project - new development this morning :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 3:04 pm

I had my telephone interview on Monday which was very informative. Apparently I would need 3 trustees to form the charity
each with a background relevant to the job in hand, ie one with knowledge of accounts, one with a legal background and one with experience in the music industry. While I'm considering this I'll be looking at other ways forward which would be easier to manage - as I already have a date booked for next July and various other dance schools / arts organisations eager to participate then it may not be necessary to form a charity as well, since I also need to have a career, too, and start earning again. I'll 'go with the flow' and see what turns up....

I would also like to be able to promote SD with my project, they need promotion so badly as can be seen from their non-appearance in the Top 40 with Shine On Forever. It entered the chart for a week at number 100 a couple of weeks ago, and then went out again.
Back to top Go down
Hayley

PostSubject: Re: Update on my dance project - new development this morning :)   Update on my dance project - new development this morning :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 2:41 pm

Barry wrote:
I had my telephone interview on Monday which was very informative. Apparently I would need 3 trustees to form the charity
each with a background relevant to the job in hand, ie one with knowledge of accounts, one with a legal background and one with experience in the music industry. While I'm considering this I'll be looking at other ways forward which would be easier to manage - as I already have a date booked for next July and various other dance schools / arts organisations eager to participate then it may not be necessary to form a charity as well, since I also need to have a career, too, and start earning again. I'll 'go with the flow' and see what turns up....

I would also like to be able to promote SD with my project, they need promotion so badly as can be seen from their non-appearance in the Top 40 with Shine On Forever. It entered the chart for a week at number 100 a couple of weeks ago, and then went out again.

Awww good luck with everything! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mrs.sean.smith

mrs.sean.smith

PostSubject: Re: Update on my dance project - new development this morning :)   Update on my dance project - new development this morning :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 2:45 am

sounding good Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update on my dance project - new development this morning :)   Update on my dance project - new development this morning :) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update on my dance project - new development this morning :)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Same Difference Official Forums :: General :: Off Topic Chat-
Jump to: