Same Difference Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fire - Ohio Players

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
crashr

crashr

Fire - Ohio Players Empty
PostSubject: Fire - Ohio Players   Fire - Ohio Players Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 3:57 pm

One of the lost genres of the 70's - Funk. Bring back Funk!

Back to top Go down
Barry

Barry

PostSubject: Re: Fire - Ohio Players   Fire - Ohio Players Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 4:19 pm

I remember those times.....I'm in touch with someone I interacted with from another forum, the X Factor forum of 2007 when SD were on, and he is a great fan of funk and the period of the late 70s / early 80s. I regularly keep in touch with him by phone.

I used to like, among others, Chic, Galaxy (Dancing Tight), Kool & the Gang and Sister Sledge.
Back to top Go down
http://www.partydanceuk.co.uk
crashr

crashr

PostSubject: Re: Fire - Ohio Players   Fire - Ohio Players Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 6:15 pm

That's right, Barry, Kool & the Gang and Sister Sledge were two that I remember well. It's hard to believe that Funk fizzled out. It produced some great artists like James Brown, Sly & The Family Stone, Earth, Wind, & Fire, War, Average White Band, Isaac Hayes... The list goes on and on...
Back to top Go down
Barry

Barry

PostSubject: Re: Fire - Ohio Players   Fire - Ohio Players Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 6:45 pm

I remember Isaac Hayes and the Theme From 'Shaft' which was great Very Happy
I'm sure there must be conventions where hardcore fans of funk still meet and enjoy that genre.
Back to top Go down
http://www.partydanceuk.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire - Ohio Players   Fire - Ohio Players Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fire - Ohio Players
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Same Difference Official Forums :: General :: Music-
Jump to: