Same Difference Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eminem continues album chart reign

Go down 
AuthorMessage
y0david6

y0david6

Eminem continues album chart reign  Empty
PostSubject: Eminem continues album chart reign    Eminem continues album chart reign  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:59 pm

Eminem has managed to notch up his fourth week at the top of the UK album chart with Recovery.

The 'Not Afraid' singer's retaining of the No.1 spot made for an all-rap top two, as Professor Green's debut album Alive Til I'm Dead entered in the runner-up position, becoming the highest new entry of the week.

Meanwhile, Plan B rises to three with The Defamation Of Strickland Banks, bumping down both Kylie Minogue's Aphrodite and Eliza Doolittle's self-titled album two places, putting them at four and five respectively.

Another new entry this week is the Greatest Hits compilation from '70s group Earth, Wind & Fire at nine, one spot in front of Lungs by Florence and the Machine, which returns to the top 10 from its previous position at 13 for its 55th week on the chart.

Elsewhere, the announcement of the nominees for this year's Mercury Music Prize has shaken up the chart outside of the top 10. Bookmakers' favourite for the title The XX saw their self-titled album jump 28 places from 44 to 16, while two more artists in contention for the prize, I Am Kloot and Laura Marling, saw their respective albums Sky At Night and I Speak Because I Can return to the top 75 off the back of their nominations.

The top ten albums in full:

1. (1) Eminem: 'Recovery'
2. (-) Professor Green: 'Alive Til I'm Dead'
3. (4) Plan B: 'The Defamation Of Strickland Banks'
4. (2) Kylie Minogue: 'Aphrodite'
5. (3) Eliza Doolittle: 'Eliza Doolittle'
6. (5) Lady Gaga: 'The Fame Monster'
7. (6) Mumford & Sons: 'Sigh No More'
8. (7) Alicia Keys: 'The Element Of Freedom'
9. (-) Earth, Wind & Fire: 'The Greatest Hits'
10(13) Florence and the Machine: 'Lungs'
Back to top Go down