Same Difference Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Radio Play

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
crashr

crashr

Radio Play Empty
PostSubject: Radio Play   Radio Play Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 2:25 pm

After the release of Shine On Forever, Sarah made it apparent that the major radio stations were refusing to play it because they were from the X Factor and they were using an independent label. This in turn deflated their positions in the charts. Welcome to the media elite! These media snobs make it so difficult for budding artists to have a chance to succeed that too many of them give up out of frustration. Not so with Sarah & Sean. They are tough as nails and have vowed to continue with their music despite the condescension they have received from these elitists. In the end, it is the listeners who are being deprived of new and interesting music because the snobs in charge "know better" of what should be broadcast over the air waves. This problem has existed for years in America and I suspect in the UK as well. All I can say to Sarah & Sean is keep making the quality music you're making because you have a loyal fanbase who is going to buy it and your fanbase is growing bigger every day. Sooner or later the media elite will have to admit the error of their ways and submit to consumer demand. Hope it happens soon!
Back to top Go down
jetty2yo

jetty2yo

Radio Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio Play   Radio Play Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 4:16 pm

fingers crossed!!!! and it's so annoying SD are 110 times better than half the artists out there atm producing what i call rubbish music some artists out there u can't understand a word! least SD u can Dance and makes u feel happy why won't people give them a chance!!! THEY ARE AMAZING!
Back to top Go down
Hayley

Radio Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio Play   Radio Play Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 5:20 pm

crashr wrote:
After the release of Shine On Forever, Sarah made it apparent that the major radio stations were refusing to play it because they were from the X Factor and they were using an independent label. This in turn deflated their positions in the charts. Welcome to the media elite! These media snobs make it so difficult for budding artists to have a chance to succeed that too many of them give up out of frustration. Not so with Sarah & Sean. They are tough as nails and have vowed to continue with their music despite the condescension they have received from these elitists. In the end, it is the listeners who are being deprived of new and interesting music because the snobs in charge "know better" of what should be broadcast over the air waves. This problem has existed for years in America and I suspect in the UK as well. All I can say to Sarah & Sean is keep making the quality music you're making because you have a loyal fanbase who is going to buy it and your fanbase is growing bigger every day. Sooner or later the media elite will have to admit the error of their ways and submit to consumer demand. Hope it happens soon!

Agreed! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Barry

Barry

Radio Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio Play   Radio Play Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 8:53 pm

I agree with the above posts...and SD a new entry at 100!!! Shocked Sad I am convinced it is down to lack of promotion and as was stated, the snobby attitude of our media in the UK. This has been going on for many years over here. In the late 90s when Steps were in the charts there seemed a reluctance to play their songs in certain quarters, almost an embarrassment. Unfortunately this negative attitude is a characteristic of certain aspects of the UK and it won't be changing anytime soon.
I am sure SD will do really well abroad as the attitudes are so very different there.

I will be posting more on this either later today or tomorrow, I've been quite busy over the past few days with promoting my work in Europe.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.partydanceuk.co.uk
Hayley

Radio Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio Play   Radio Play Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:20 am

Barry wrote:
I agree with the above posts...and SD a new entry at 100!!! Shocked Sad I am convinced it is down to lack of promotion and as was stated, the snobby attitude of our media in the UK. This has been going on for many years over here. In the late 90s when Steps were in the charts there seemed a reluctance to play their songs in certain quarters, almost an embarrassment. Unfortunately this negative attitude is a characteristic of certain aspects of the UK and it won't be changing anytime soon.
I am sure SD will do really well abroad as the attitudes are so very different there.

I will be posting more on this either later today or tomorrow, I've been quite busy over the past few days with promoting my work in Europe.....

I agree Barry...it's really sad that SD only got to 100 but they don't seemed phased about it at all on Twitter & still seem really grateful & happy that fans went out & bought/downloaded the single, bless them! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Barry

Barry

Radio Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio Play   Radio Play Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:40 am

The fact that SD are so upbeat and thankful somehow make it seem all the more unfair....SD deserve much better than this, they are such fine people in all respects and the music industry should treat them with the respect they deserve by promoting their music....they are the greatest of role models to so many people. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hayley

Radio Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio Play   Radio Play Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 4:10 pm

Barry wrote:
The fact that SD are so upbeat and thankful somehow make it seem all the more unfair....SD deserve much better than this, they are such fine people in all respects and the music industry should treat them with the respect they deserve by promoting their music....they are the greatest of role models to so many people. Smile

Agreed...they deserve SO much more, bless them! Go SD, you rock lol! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
crashr

crashr

Radio Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio Play   Radio Play Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 4:42 pm

Sarah & Sean seem to be in the same dilemma as Donny Osmond was in the 80's. He had currently been a teen pop idol geared towards the really young teens with a squeaky clean image. As he grew older, it was obvious he wasn't going to have the same appeal and needed to re-invent his image to appeal to an older and more mainstream audience. However, his image already seemed to be set in stone and the "powers that be" refused to air his new material. Sound familiar? So how did he break his shackles? By first collaborating with edgier artists of that era (in particular with guitarist Jeff Beck). Then he got with Peter Gabriel (founder of Genesis) and made recordings on his label. His best track, "Soldier of Love", was distributed among the radio stations as a "mystery artist". The song had been requested so much, that by the time Gabriel's label revealed Osmond's identity, the song was at #2 in the pop charts. The "powers that be" were left standing with their jaws wide open. Maybe Same Difference needs to follow this same pattern. Hopefully they are divising a strategy to get aired on the radio.
Back to top Go down
Barry

Barry

Radio Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio Play   Radio Play Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 6:24 pm

I didn't realise Donny Osmond had the same problem with getting his songs aired Shocked I know he disappeared from the scene here in the UK after 1975 after the last Osmonds' hit the charts as a group with the brilliant song I'm Still Gonna Need You in late '75. I've always preferred his early 70s recordings to the 80s even til now.
I hope SD don't change too much to fit in with the UK scene, I would like them to be leaders of a fashion rather than follow an already existing one, which isn't too enjoyable here at the moment imo though there are some great dance tracks out this year Smile

Re my project becoming popular in Europe as mentioned in an earlier post....I'll get another thread up. It could well help SD over there Wink
Back to top Go down
Hayley

Radio Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio Play   Radio Play Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:45 pm

Yeah hope that we can spread the SD word further worldwide! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hayley

Radio Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio Play   Radio Play Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:46 pm

Smile Very Happy

Last edited by Hayley on Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hayley

Radio Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio Play   Radio Play Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:47 pm

It's nice to see that SD have fans in America! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mrs.sean.smith

mrs.sean.smith

Radio Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio Play   Radio Play Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 9:48 pm

I haven't heard it on the radio Sad

Haven't seen it on the music channels either but I only have the free ones grr...bad times lol

I really think they need loads more promotion with future singles and the album...they need to let more people know that their back with a different style of pop Smile

xxx
Back to top Go down
Hayley

Radio Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio Play   Radio Play Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 12:31 am

mrs.sean.smith wrote:
I haven't heard it on the radio Sad

Haven't seen it on the music channels either but I only have the free ones grr...bad times lol

I really think they need loads more promotion with future singles and the album...they need to let more people know that their back with a different style of pop Smile

xxx

Me neither! Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Radio Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio Play   Radio Play Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radio Play
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Same Difference Official Forums :: Same Difference :: Same Difference Chat-
Jump to: